Friday, March 28, 2014

Firstly, let's have a bit of this transparency you're talking about and let everyone know that you c


Top
By Bill Citara
Not long ago, I set foot in my first and last Smoothie King . At the time, I was a smoothie-making fiend in my own home, gulping down bags of expensive organic frozen berries like flappers guzzled dj flight case bathtub gin. So I was psyched when I walked through the door of this "nutritional lifestyle center" at 14200 SW Eighth St. (we'd just finished a thirst-inducing bike ride through Shark Valley) to see the reasonable prices on immense fruit smoothies.
A 40-ounce blueberry smoothie for just $8? Wow. Yes, 40 ounces of anything is probably going a bit overboard. But this wasn't beer or steak. And considering blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense fruits on the planet, are insanely high in antioxidants, and might even prevent and reverse age-related mental dj flight case decline dj flight case (oh, and also they taste amazing), this seemed like a delicious, health-boosting offer I couldn't refuse.
The bored-looking teenage counter girl pushed her long dark hair from her face, revealing a mocking smirk. dj flight case "OK," she said. Her patronizing sneer frightened me. What evil secret does she harbor? I wondered. Why is she laughing at me?
As she began preparing the smoothie, the answer soon became clear. There was not one actual berry in sight. Instead, she squirted a purplish stream of "blueberry juice blend" dj flight case from an old-school Slush Puppie-style dj flight case dispenser. Next, she extracted a slimy and browning semifrozen banana from a cooler. Finally, I watched in horrified disbelief as she pumped a few more squirts of an unknown clear liquid, which I can only guess was sugar syrup, into the cup. I was so stunned I couldn't even tell her to stop. She blended all this crap together, and the result was a weighty Styrofoam-encased barrel full of frozen sugar sludge, which, for "just" $8, I soon held in my hand.
Even though I knew better, I decided to take a sip. Sure enough, it tasted like artificially flavored corn syrup ice. (Note: Because Smoothie King uses " proprietary" ingredients that are "manufactured to guidelines set by the franchise ," I can't actually be sure whether the "juice blend" or the mystery liquid contains corn syrup, cane sugar, fructose, dextrose, dj flight case or some other form of sugar. But one thing I can tell you is that the smoothie contained sugar. And lots of it.)
I noticed a couple who collectively weighed around dj flight case 600 pounds bumbling in through the entrance. " Let's do something good for ourselves today ," I imagined they were saying to each other, as I held my 650-calorie sugar-water blend in my hand." Let's have Smoothie King for lunch ."
The rest of my posse, who were not as nutritionally anal-retentive as I, ordered and received their concoctions without seeming fazed. I, meanwhile, dj flight case tried to hold in my stream of outraged indignation dj flight case so as not to impede my friends' enjoyment.
I failed. We had barely made it to the car before I dumped my frozen junk juice and began my rant about how betrayed I felt by this place that had the audacity dj flight case to label itself a "nutritional lifestyle center."
Sign in
Miculito Bay 5pts
I'm no fan of Smoothie King...but this is awful, hyperbolic writing. Smugness dj flight case and fat-shaming aside (nice, dj flight case btw!), this is just poor writing and bad journalism. dj flight case Why is New Times publishing this shit? Some random dj flight case vegan is disappointed by Smoothie King - BREAKING NEWS! Check your use of language and attitude towards people. " I noticed a couple who collectively weighed around 600 pounds bumbling in through dj flight case the entrance." Seriously?! You sound incredibly ignorant. Civilized people don't talk like this anymore.
Whatever, it tastes good. If you don't like it. Don't buy it. Writing this skewed editorial about some local business owner's honest livelihood is much worse than some ingredients you just don't like. #BADREPORTER
Camille you have to be the worst reporter on the planet. Your entire dj flight case article is filled with incorrect assumptions, poor investigation, and hateful comments. The only Short Order you reported on was your brain cells and capacity as a reporter. dj flight case
Firstly, let's have a bit of this transparency you're talking about and let everyone know that you chose the largest size possible. You also could have easily asked the employee what this "mysterious" clear liquid was, and they could have informed you that it is simply water. But I guess that wouldn't go well with your blast post, huh?
Smoothie dj flight case King informatively divides their menu into different sections so customers can easily find a smoothie that meets their needs. The "indulge" section provides some smoothies that are exactly as described...an indulgence rather than a meal replacement. These smoothies will have more sugar than some of the others.
Personally, I choose the Gladiator Vanilla with banana and peanut butter. I don't get a lot of protein in my diet, and this smoothie provides me with a boost. I get a Small and it easily replaces breakfast or lunch for me. This smoothie is also

No comments:

Post a Comment